Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Review Spinach Calzones

I sort of made these for dinner last night. I realized after getting back from grocery shopping that I forgot to buy spinach. So, I improvised and used shredded zucchini. I also added sliced olives and chopped up tomatoes. Instead of bread dough or pizza dough I used Rhodes rolls. They turned out just yummy. My hubby liked them so much he ate 1.5 of them. My kids on the other hand were being rather picky and complained the whole meal. Oh well, I liked them and they were really easy to make...even with a new baby.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Zucchini. I wish I had as much of that floating around as you do. And I wish I could spell that word without having to look at your post.

Tori said...

I just had this left over from last year. After the squash bugs killed our zucchini last year and our pumpkins this year it will be a while before we plant squash again.

As for spelling zucchini I wish I could spell it without spell check...hee, hee.

Katie said...

I had leftover filling so a couple days later I cooked some pasta, mixed in the filling and topped with marinara sauce. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes or bubbly and voila! YUMMMYYY! My kids liked it much better this way than the calazones.