Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cranberry Yams

I was thinking of posting this one anyway, it is my new favorite way to make yams. My sister-in-law gave me this recipe.

You will need:

1/2 C. (1 stick) of butter
3/4 C. light brown sugar
2 C. cranberries

1 can of yams (drained)

Preheat oven to 350. In a 8x8 glass pan, mash the yams with a fork or
potato masher, set aside. In a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, melt
the butter and brown sugar until sugar dissolves. Add cranberries.
Simmer over medium heat until cranberries pop. Pour mixture over yams.
Bake uncovered at 350 for 20-25 min. Add mini-marshmallows. Broil
until brown on top.

For a 13x9 pan, use 2 cans of yams, & double the cranberry mixture-it
makes the yams dry if you don't.

*I have never actually used canned yams, I just use fresh ones and cook them on the stove, but canned are probably much easier. I just don't know the difference.

1 comment:

Jen and Joe. said...

Thank you a million gazillion thank-you's. This looks DELICIOUS. My family has NEVER had yams at Thanksgiving, simply because no one has found a good recipe! So this will be much appreciated, for SURE!