Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Wet Ingredients:
1 cup Crisco OR 2 sticks of butter (must. use. butter). =)
3 cups white sugar
1 large can (29oz) pumpkin
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla

Dry Ingredients:
5 cups flour
2 t. baking powder
2 t. baking soda
2 t. salt
2 t. nutmeg
2 t. cinnamon
2 t. cloves
(instead of 2 t. of each of these spices, I just use 5 t. pumpkin pie spice...I like them a *tad* bland, hence leaving out the final teaspoon)
2-3 cups chocolate chips

1. Beat Crisco (or butter), Sugar and eggs until fluffy.
2. Add pumpkin and vanilla and blend until smooth.
3. Combine all dry ingredients and combine with the wet.
4. Drop by tablespoon-full onto cookie sheet (I fit 15/sheet)
5. Bake at 375 for 14 minutes.

Side note: I'm in the middle of making a batch right now, and so far, I've made 4 dozen cookies. I'd say I'm halfway through the batter....you might want to cut this recipe in half... =)

No comments: