Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pulled Roast with Cilantro Sauce

My first recipe!!

For the crock pot roast: I pick up a huge pork butt (ha ha) or rump roast. Both are awesome - the beef tends to be much cheaper. Put in the crock pot. Pour over it a mixture of 1 1/2 c. salsa and 1/3 c. brown sugar. Cook all day on low (turn it on high for the last hour or so, I think it makes the meat easier to shred)

For the Cilantro Sauce (see how I'm capitalizing it because it's so tasty??)

in blender blend up until very smooth:
3 tomatillos, husked, washed and quartered
1 pkg buttermilk ranch salad dressing packet (the powdery stuff)
1/3 c. - 1/2 c. buttermilk (always just do the vinegar and milk trick and that works great)
1 c. FRESH cilantro
1 c. mayonnaise
1 clove garlic

When I eat this, I put a bunch of the Cilantro Sauce on a tortilla, then put on the meat, then put on cheese, black beans, rice etc. I usually use half the sauce to start with and freeze the second half to use later (it makes a bunch). The leftovers are FABULOUS!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Corinne! I am so glad you joined us. You have some amazing recipes. I can't wait to try this.