Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Easiest Freaking Dessert in the History of the World

My sister-in-law brought this peach cobbler-esque dessert to dinner tonight. It is, in fact, the Easiest Freaking Dessert in the History of the World. Easier, in fact, than getting in your car, going to the grocery store, and buying cookies. So easy that I'm not even going to put it in formal recipe format. There are only two ingredients anyway. Here's what you do:

Open a large can of peaches. Pour the peaches into the bottom of a bundt cake pan. (Reserve about 1/4 cup of the syrup.) Pour a yellow cake mix (just the mix straight from the box, no eggs or anything added) over the peaches. Pour the remaining syrup over the top.

Put it in the oven at 350 and bake it, as my sister-in-law said, "until it starts to smell good." Probably that means somewhere around half an hour. Mix it up a little and serve.

It's not gourmet...but it's sweet and gooey. I plan to try using different ingredients, like cherry pie filling and chocolate cake or canned pineapple and white cake. I'll let you know if I find any delicious combinations.

No comments: