Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies In the World!

This is the only chocolate chip recipe I will ever use from now on. It is SOOO good!

2/3 c. shortening
2/3 c. butter or margarine
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 t. vanilla

--MIX--

1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
3-4 c. flour
*chocolate chips

Bake 375 degrees, 8-10 minutes or until just BARELY golden.

*The trick to this recipe is to mix everything but the chocolate chips as you normally would, then mix in the chips by hand. It keeps them from getting mangled by the blender and really makes a difference. I know, I was skeptical at first too, but my cousin was right!

2 comments:

Jonny said...

don't forget, you have to roll the dough in balls. You can't just spoon it out if you want them PERFECT! -Jonny

MelissaS said...

Great recipe; these are really good. I'll admit though, I did not stir in the chips by hand...