Friday, March 21, 2008

Max Mac N' Cheese



This is my first post, I'm a terrible cook, but I like all of your ideas for good food. Talking about hiding veggies made me want to post one of our favorites.

Ingredients:
2 C. Macaroni (or one package)
1 C. Skim milk
1 C. Sliced, steamed carrots
1/4 C. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 C. Shredded cheddar cheese (I just use the package mix)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
black pepper to taste
*tube steaks (hot dogs), cooked

*Optional
Directions:
1. Cook macaroni (steam carrots) and drain.
2. Puree milk, carrots, cheeses, and seasonings together in blender.
3. Pour into microwaveable dish and add noodles and tube steaks. Stir well then microwave on full until bubbly and thick. Or about 3-4 min.

Each 1 Cup serving: 323 calories, 6 g. fat, 3.5 g. Sat. fat, 297 mg sodium, 16 mg. cholesterol, 49 g. carbohydrates, 2.5 g. fiber, 16 g protein.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Because Mac n Cheese is my favorite thing EVER, I was so excited about this when you posted it on My Family. com. And I am thrilled to see that it looks just like the 'real' mac n cheese. I think I was expecting carrot shreds.... I am totally making this. YUM.