Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Whipped Cream Frosting

I've never been a fan of traditional frosting...it's a bit too sugary for me. When I make a cake, I usually just whip up some heavy cream and sugar and use that as frosting. I found this new recipe from America's Test Kitchen a few weeks ago and just got around to trying it.

MMMMMMM.

Ingredients:
8oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/2 c. white sugar
1 t. vanilla
1/8 t. salt
2 c. heavy cream or heavy whipping cream

1. Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat at medium-high speed for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy, pausing to scrape down bowl as needed.
2. Reduce speed to low and add heavy cream in slow, steady stream; when almost fully combined, increase speed to medium-high and beat until mixture holds stiff peaks, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes more, scraping down bowl as needed.

yields 4 1/2 cups frosting.

So So yummy.

No comments: