Thursday, November 15, 2007

No-Bake Cookies with a *Twist*

I've always thought no-bakes were a so-so kind of cookie...but just for fun, I added some rice crispies to the recipe and it was a pleasant surprise! I think it'll be a permanent change for us...and BAD for my waistline. =)

In a heavy-bottomed pot, bring the following ingredients to a boil:
1/2c. butter
1/2c. milk
1 c. sugar

Boil for about 1 1/2 minutes.

Remove from heat.

Whisk in:
1/2c. smooth peanut butter
5T cocoa powder

When the mixture is smooth, stir in:
2c. quick oats
2c. rice crispies

Spoon by 1-2 tablespoon-sized scoops onto a wax paper-lined cookie sheet or plate. Chill for 1-2 hours (or overnight, if you have time)...

*NOTE*
The original recipe calls for 2 cups of sugar, but I thought it was WAYYYYYYY too sweet. My husband and I thought 1 cup was PLENTY. But in the interest of full disclosure, I thought I'd include the original amount for you.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love these cookies but I am not a fan of the peanut butter. I love your idea of adding rice crispies!

Katie said...

OH, we add coconut to them too and that is my favorite part.