Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cheese Enchilada Chowder

Did I already post this? I thought I had, but I couldn't find it using the search feature. Apologies if it is a duplicate. 

Cheese Enchilada Chowder 
(recipe from B-to-the-Weed)

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can diced tomatoes
10 oz. frozen corn (or more if you like)
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped bell pepper (whichever color you like...I have used fresh or frozen)
1 large can enchilada sauce
1 can cream of chicken
2 c. milk
cheese

Combine all ingredients in crock pot, except for cheese. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4. Add cheese to individual servings. Also, I like a dollop of sour cream. 

Serve with chips & guacamole, cornbread, whatever.

The last time I made this I added a can of chickpeas, too. Really good. 

No comments: