Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Wheat Berries

Have you ever wondered what you can do with all that wheat you have stored? It's not just for grinding. Here is a recipe that uses whole wheat kernels.

1 cup of wheat kernels
2-3 cups of water

Put the ingredients together in a crockpot and cook overnight on low. In the morning you have a nice hot breakfast. I like to put honey and milk on my wheat berries. One of my kids likes them with sugar and cinnamon. This is a hot cereal. Like oatmeal.

I usually have leftover wheat berries and there are a few things you can do with them. I will post those recipes later.

Try them you just might like them.

Warning: If you are not used to eating whole grains please don't have these for breakfast every morning. Work into it slowly. (Wheat can do a number on your system).

No comments: