Monday, December 7, 2009

Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

My friend makes these cookies, which we affectionately call "cookie crack" because they're so addictive and delicious. I finally got my hands on the recipe, so I thought I'd share.

Ingredients:
3/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
2 t. peppermint extract
1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. cocoa powder
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Once they're nice and creamy, add the egg and mix in well. Then add the vanilla and peppermint. In a separate bowl combine together the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients slowly to the wet ones and mix until combined. Add the chocolate chips. Drop onto a baking sheet in sizes suitable to your liking.

Bake for 10-11 minutes.

3 comments:

MelissaS said...

These are really great Jen. I am sad I made them for my daughters Christmas party at school because it left us with hardly any to enjoy. I will definitely be making them again this season.

Jen and Joe. said...

Oh, that makes me happy! We call them "cookie crack" for a reason! =)

Liz Johnson said...

Made these. They're WONDERFUL! And they were gone in about 15 minutes. My thighs say thank you. :)