Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fettucine Alfredo with Chicken

I made this tonight....DELICIOUS. It comes from this month's Kraft Food & Family magazine. (It's free, which is always good...and always has a few good recipe nuggets in there).

Note: Their recipe is for 1/2 lb of pasta...but I cooked the whole box of fettucine (1lb), so I doubled the ingredients when I made it tonight.

For 1/2 lb of fettucine (uncooked):

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 1/4 cup chicken broth
4 t flour
4 oz cream cheese
3 T parmasean cheese
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t pepper

1. Cook pasta as directed
2. cut chicken into chunks and cook in large, nonstick skillet.
3. Remove chicken from skillet.
4. In the same skillet, mix broth and flour, then add cream cheese, parmasean cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Stir constantly until thickened.
5. Stir in chicken.
6. Mix pasta and sauce mixture in large bowl....sprinkle with parmasean cheese.

Another note: I only used 1 chicken breast and it was PLENTY....even with doubling the recipe. I had some chicken already cooked that I just shredded and added at the end.

Yummy.

No comments: