Friday, January 29, 2010

Chipotle Shredded Beef

I made this recipe up to put in tamales and it was surprisingly delicious. It would work well for tacos or tostadas too!

Ingredients:
4 lb. beef (like a roast... I don't remember what exact cut I used, but it was cheap)
3 c. chopped onion
13 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
1.5 T oregano
1 can chipotle adobo sauce with 2 whole chipotle peppers (I ended up just getting as much sauce out as possible and then spooning in two of the peppers as well, and it was spicy enough for me, but not too spicy for my husband or kids)
1 1/4 t. salt
1 c. chicken or vegetable stock

Directions:
Throw everything into the crock pot and cook on low heat for 8-12 hours. Shred and enjoy!

** Makes enough to make about 95 tamales... could easily be halved (or quartered), and I would even wager that any excess could probably be frozen.

1 comment:

Lani said...

I shouldn't have picked fast Sunday to click over and peruse this blog! I didn't know you made tamales, Liz. Yum... love tamales. Never made them. Maybe I should!